Scripture ReferencesHovering your cursor over a Bible reference will open up that scripture reference in the NIV version of the Bible. Clicking on “more” will open that passage of scripture for you and allow you to read it in several versions of the Bible, and in its full context. A reference displayed like this John 3:0 denotes the whole chapter of John 3
- Sound Recording – Interviews
- Crossing Over
- What is going on?
- Forgiving Yourself of the Past
- Renew Your Mind
- Still and Video Camera Framing
- Basic Lighting & Interview Hints When Filming
- Encourage – Give a bouquet now don’t wait to give a wreath
- R.I.P. is it biblical?
- Hearing His Voice
- Disagreement does not mean Disunity
- Effective Communication
- Suggested E-mail Protocol & Etiquette
- Healing, Death, Where is God in this?
- Are Emotions Controlling You?
- “I will build my church”
- The Valley Experience
- Power of Words
- Is Church Today As God Intended?
- Why save sex for marriage?
- What is Praise & Worship & is there a difference?
- Who’s eyes do you see through?
- Communicating Effectively
- Where Is God When We Suffer?
- Listen for full instructions
- Past, Present, and Future
- Better or Bitter?
- Do we take Him for granted?
- Filming – Crossing the Line – Reverse Cut
- Practising and Making Room for the Presence of God
- True Love
- “Sorry you feel that way”
- Church Leaders Abusive or Godly
- Walk the walk before you talk the talk
- Givers and Takers
- Who do you depend on?
- Revenge – Forgiveness
- Speaking the truth.
- Honoraria for Pastors and Visiting Ministries
- Are we people of our word, and does it matter?
- Are there justifications for a Christian to strike?
- How do we cope with difference?
- About Ian Deakin
- Disclaimer & Copyright
- Privacy Statement
Category Archives: My Musings
The word transition is often mentioned. The dictionary defines transition as a passing from one condition or place or activity to another. Many of us don’t like change or transition with its fear of the unknown, and the uncertainty of … Continue reading
It is disturbing when recently, and ongoing that we have been made aware of Harvey Weinstein events, and Tom Jones revelation and expressed opinion; that in life in many areas Leaders/Managers/Superiors etc endeavour to control and bully to get their … Continue reading
Beating yourself up about what happened days, weeks, months or even years ago? As much as we would like to, we cannot go in the past and erase those mistakes. However, we can make a decision to learn from them and … Continue reading
I have often heard people pray “God renew my mind”. That would be so easy wouldn’t it, to expect God to flick the switch and our mind be renewed. Our thought patterns would be instantly changed, our desires would instantly … Continue reading
How many times have you been in a situation where you have left employment or moved location and wonderful comments and eulogies have been said to and about you. I guess you have thought the same as myself what a … Continue reading
The acronym RIP (or R.I.P.) can be seen carved on tombstones. These words rest in peace are often heard at wakes and funerals. RIP comes from the Latin blessing requiescat in pace (literally, “may he begin to rest in peace”). … Continue reading
A great benefit of our salvation is that we are able to listen and hear God speak to us personally. It is not possible to have that close relationship with our loving heavenly father without it. Many find it easy … Continue reading
Disagreement does not mean disunity, therefore unity does not mean conformity and this is presented as a positive statement. Disunity has been a problem among the church and its doctrines for many years. The church is fragmented in its expression … Continue reading
It is a critical aspect of a leadership role that you communicate effectively. There is an old saying, “It’s not what you say, but how you say it.” Communication can be what defines a poor leader from an exceptional one. Working at effective communication is … Continue reading